Table of Contents
Lite and Complete versions
What are the differences between both versions?
The Lite version is a free and time-unlimited application offering a subset of the complete version.
Differences are listed by features here.
Is it safe to remove the Lite version after installing the complete one?
Yes. It's even recommended so you don't start it by inadvertence, and it will free space.
All your cached maps and saved landmarks are shared by both versions, and are not removed when you un-install any version.
Offline map issues
Why don't my MemoryMap maps work in AlpineQuest?
AlpineQuest doesn't support the new MemoryMap format (.QC3 file extension), as well as encrypted maps. You can use the free Lite version to check if your maps are compatible.
Is there a size limit for the offline map files?
Android versions smaller than the 3.0 cannot manage files bigger than 2GB. On those versions you will get errors while displaying parts of the maps which are stored after this size limit.
Starting with Android 3.0, you will be able to read very big maps correctly.
Google Play and registration issues
I have just purchased the application on Google Play, but the download doesn't start or failed. What can I do?
Unfortunately this is a Google Play issue, which is sometimes overloaded, and we have no control over this automated process.
Google Play will however remember that you have purchased the application and you won't have to pay again.
The only thing to do is to wait few minutes for the download to start. If you think it's something else, contact us by e-mail.
I have bought the application using a first Google Account, and I would like to transfer it to another one. Is it possible?
Unfortunately it's not possible. We do not have any control on user accounts, and even Google is not able to do it.
You can however use applications from various accounts at the same time, see here.
I have a new phone/device, can I use the complete version of the application on it without paying again?
Yes. All purchased applications are linked to the Google Account of your device.
- If you have bought the application on Google Play, you just have to use the same Google Account on your new phone, and you will be able to re-install all your paid applications for free;
- If you have bought the application on our website, you just have to use your same activation e-mail to activate the application on your new device.
I have used the same Google Account on my new phone/device, how can I re-install the application
Start the Google Play application and go into your applications list. You should see all your previously purchased applications and be able to re-install them without paying again.
If you don't see the application, check that:
- You are using the same Google Account you used when buying the application;
- You didn't cancel your order, ask for a refund or receive an automated refund;
- You were using the paid version of the application;
- You have a working Internet data access.
Finally, you can send us your order number so we can check its status.
I'm getting a "Not available in your country" message when trying to install the complete version
If you're getting this message from the Google Play Store application or the desktop version, or any similar message like “Not compatible with your device”, please check the following things:
- Check that paid applications are available in your country;
- Have a look at any other paid application to check if the problem is only for this application or any paid application;
- If you can't get any paid application, check that you don't have a protection/cleaning application causing this issue (“Malwarebytes” as been reported as doing so).
I have bought AlpineQuest but the registration process doesn't work
- If you have bought the application using Google Play, you don't have to register the application. Google Play have installed a new complete version of the application, which is not registrable. Be sure to remove the free version so that you don't use it anymore;
- If the registration process displays “
Locked by another device”, it means that you are trying to register more than one device within one week. Contact us if you have just upgraded your Android version;
- If the registration process displays “
No network”, it means that you are currently not connected to the Internet;
- If you have bought the application using PayPal and the registration process displays “
Unregistered”, please send us an email with your PayPal transaction date.
Note that you must be connected to the Internet to register the application.