The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Support for mapsforge OSM format

It's all about maps...
flotux

Support for mapsforge OSM format

Post by flotux »

Hi,

is there a chance to get support for the famous mapsforge OSM format (http://code.google.com/p/mapsforge/) in AlpineQuest?

The web site http://www.easyclasspage.de/maps/seite-1.html is providing OSM maps as .map files for Locus. It would be great to use them in AlpineQuest as - of course - I prefere AlpineQuest. :-)

Or does anyone knows a converter that converts from mapsforge .map format to the AlpineQuest AQM map format?

Thanks and kind regards
Flo
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Support for mapsforge OSM format

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
The OSM format can be considered as the native OpenStreetMap format. MapForge is just a reader ("renderer") of this format.
We have plans to support this format too, but unfortunately it won't be done so soon.

All OpenStreetMaps are also based on this format and contains the same data, so using build-in OSM maps in AlpineQuest will gives you quite the same result (use the store area tool to store large areas).
You can also use MOBAC to create .AQM maps based on OSM maps.

Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
flotux

Post by flotux »

Hi,

I'm looking forward testing this feature in the future.

I know the "in app feature" to download and store OSM maps. But I would prefer to use the prebuild Frezeitkarten maps as they have a very nice layout.

Thanks and kind regards
Florian
HishamO

Post by HishamO »

Any updates on this feature?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
There is still no release date planned yet for vector based maps yet. Lot of apps using MapForge are already available, and we currently focus on image based maps used by most topographic maps and all aerial imagery.
So it won't be available soon.
Sorry about that,
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !