The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Function request export current map view to kindle

Any question about the app? Ask it here
DSon

Function request export current map view to kindle

Post by DSon »

Hi,

A really useful feature would be having an option to quickly export a current map view to .png format in appropriate small file size, 8bit grayscale, resolution 758 x 1024 for viewing on Kindle ebook reader as a screensaver image.

Using the screensaver hack on kindles with the above option would be great for example to copy many generated map view screenshots to the kindle for viewing as a screen saver thereby using virtually no kindle power until the next chosen map is displayed. This would provide incredible digital map viewing battery efficiency over long durations being able to plan routes via an android phone then view desired maps on the kindle as screensavers instead of draining ones android device battery.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Function request export current map view to kindle

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thank you for your interest in the application and suggestion.
Even if I understand your point, right now the application doesn't have any export map feature (except the basic print current map view tool), simply because it's meant to be a map reader more than a map creator. It may change in the future, but based on a long list of requested features, I don't know when I'll be able to work on this.
You should ask this feature on the MOBAC map creator forum, it completely fits in there.
Still, I have added the feature to the requested list so I keep a track on it.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !