The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Add ground proximity alerts, terrain avoidance warnings and proximity alerts

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Crazytaurus

Add ground proximity alerts, terrain avoidance warnings and proximity alerts

Post by Crazytaurus »

Thanks for the amazing app that you guys have given us.

I am a vfr pilot and use AlpineQuest extensively. Over the usage i have noticed few features which can probably save lives outside the very pricy apps available in market.

1. Can you add ground proximity alerts which will alert us against any reduction in lateral seperation between the device and ground over a user specific distance similar to proximity alert but laterally.

2. Along the same lines a terrain avoidance system over a user specific distance? It can use the available DEM and the device's height, speed, ground proximity height and given distance to see Obstruction/ terrain and give alerts?

3. Proximity alerts to a route, path or areas so that we can remain clear of these for example a route or path can be a boundary of a restricted area so proximity alerts can keep us clear of those areas.

These features can greatly help me and probably others have a safe flight.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Add ground proximity alerts, terrain avoidance warnings and proximity alerts

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your suggestions, sorry for the delay,
I understand your suggestions, it's all clear.
Right now I believe they are a bit outside of the range of features initially planned for this app.
However I've added them in a new VFR category in the wanted features list.
Those features are interesting and maybe they deserve a dedicated version of the app for VFR, and for sure some work is needed so right now unfortunately I cannot give you any availability date.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
suntalla

Re: Add ground proximity alerts, terrain avoidance warnings and proximity alerts

Post by suntalla »

Hi,
Question.
Does anybody have knowledge about the accuracy of altitude using gnss on a phone that can handle dual frequency (see gps tester app from sean Barbeau)
Is it better then on a phone working with single frequency?
Friendly greetings
Jos