Feature request: scaleable/scrollable elevation profile

You can tell us what you like or don't like in AlpineQuest, and what you would like to see in future releases.
muratisik

Feature request: scaleable/scrollable elevation profile

Post by muratisik » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:51 pm

Hi,

I am a fan of Alpinequest and currently it is the "highest value" application installed on my mobile. I have already established it as the standard app for our bicycle touring community. Thank you for the effort, responsiveness and sincerity.

For the type of cycling we do, Elevation Profiles are at the center of planning and executing a route. It is nice that we have a screen that combines the map and the elevation profile at the same time.

Currently, the full elevation profile is scaled horizontally to fit to the lower half of the screen. It becomes compressed if the planned route is longer than 100km. Also, it gets more difficult to judge how steep the slopes are, because they are displayed relative to the length of the route.

It would be very nice to have an elevation profile that is scrollable and horizontally scaleable. I would then set the horizontal zoom level to a fixed value such as 50km/screen width and let it scroll as I cycle.

Thank you
Murat Isik
Istanbul, Turkey

Lex

Re: Feature request: scaleable/scrollable elevation profile

Post by Lex » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:54 am

+1 / I support, for the ability to scaleble the graph (elevation profile) horizontally.

And... Is it possible to add a grid to the graph?
Example:
01.png
(31.23 KiB) Downloaded 483 times
02.png
(29.72 KiB) Downloaded 483 times

Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Feature request: scaleable/scrollable elevation profile

Post by Psyberia-Support » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:10 pm

Yes that would be a nice feature to have.
I add this in the wanted features list.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !