Resolution computation failed error

You can post here if you have found a bug or if you are faced to a strange behavior.
skyerib

Resolution computation failed error

Post by skyerib » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:53 pm

I have been using Alpine quest (android) with Memory map qct files for a number on years without any problems but since the latest update to version 2.3.2 I get a "resolution computation failed" error at the bottom of the screen; see screenshot. The map files referred to in the error aren't the active map but others on the device and the error refers to a number of files sequentially.

Is this a known error or is due to the qct files becoming corrupted?
Screenshot_2022-07-06-21-20-14-894.jpeg
(93.62 KiB) Not downloaded yet

geofactotem

Re: Resolution computation failed error

Post by geofactotem » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:30 am

Hi,
Using version 2.3.2. On Tuesday I had no issues with an Explorer qct file in displayed maps, in fact I was demoing opacity and impressing my apple phone owning mate. Today right now that sheet was not current and I called up current sheet from Imported Maps>IN-BOUNDS MAPS with no issues. Just loaded an OUT-OF-BOUNDS map (118) with no issues.

This might help. Let me know if you want me to try anything else.
Regards
David

skyerib

Post by skyerib » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:38 pm

Thanks for your reply David. I have been looking into the issue a little more and I think, given that it is always the same subset of files that give the error, they are likely to have become corrupted. I'm away at the moment but when I get home, I will delete the files and reload them from my PC; hopefully that will cure the problem. I'll report back when done.

Mike

Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:03 pm

Hi and sorry for the delay,

Your files are not corrupted, it seems an issue with the latest version of the app and some particular QCT maps.
The problem should only occurs on particular maps like legends maps or region indexes maps, all other maps should load and display fine.

I'll make sure this is fixed in the next update.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !

Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:59 am

I've just published a new beta version called "2.3.2b".
This version better handles corrupted QCT files, and this particular error message shouldn't be displayed anymore.
If you still get warning messages when listing your QCT maps, it means that some of them are corrupted (improperly or incompletely copied on your device). The application does give the name of the maps in questions.
Try to copy them again, or move them in a sub-folder (or delete them) to now have any warning messages.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !