The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[fixed] Track distance no showing

Something wrong? Report it here
j_cocker

[fixed] Track distance no showing

Post by j_cocker »

I have used 1.2.8 (online version) for a while and love it.

However, when trying to record a track earlier today, I noticed that after a while the distance covered is not displayed (see screenshot here: http://tinypic.com/r/e1duz4/5). I still recall that after around 1.5 mile everything was working fine, and didn't notice when it stopped. GPS reception was very good throughout (screenshot was taken indoor later). Also, uploading the gpx file to MemoryMap PC version seem to suggest that the file is OK.

No matter what I tried (leaving the app (with the tracker running) and returning to it, etc did not result in the distance appearing correctly again.

Any idea what is going on here?

PS: I put a copy of the gpx file here: http://www.filefactory.com/file/cfd5af7/n/20111007.gpx (click the "Slow Download" button near the bottom right of the page).
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Track distance no showing

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
I have downloaded the file and will have a look at your problem soon.
Thanks for posting here.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
You're right that this is a bug.
However I couldn't figure what happened, and I never reproduced the issue. Moreover the GPX file uploaded doesn't seem to match the one on the screenshot.
I keep this in mind and try to make few enhancements and logs just in case.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
j_cocker

Post by j_cocker »

Thanks for taking the time to look at it.

I have since upgraded to v1.2.9, and tried the tracker a couple of times without any sign of the problem.

BTW, the gpx IS the one that caused the problem - although it is possible that many more waypoints were added at the end as I had to go indoor to take a sreenshot, and didn't want to stop the tracker in case I would lose it.