The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[resolved] How to move map files - AQ 2.3.6 on Android13

Something wrong? Report it here
paranoid53

[resolved] How to move map files - AQ 2.3.6 on Android13

Post by paranoid53 »

I've recently installed AQ Pro on a new phone (Android13) but can't find a way to access my library of QCT maps, which worked fine on the old phone. I've read through several discussions about the problem resulting from changes in A11 but can't move the files into the AQ map directory (on the phone or using file manager in W10 Pro) and can't point AQ at the directory where I downloaded them to.
Please can someone explain the magic incantation. Alternatively, do I need to buy it again directly from the website, rather than GooglePlay?

dave
paranoid53

Re: How to move map files - AQ 2.3.6 on Android13

Post by paranoid53 »

Apologies. I naively assumed that the installed A13 file manager would have the ability to move files, but it doesn't. I had previously tried CX Explorer but couldn't get past "selected folder is not the top-level folder" messages - not sure what I did but when I went back to it and tried again that message stopped appearing and I could then move files into the AQ maps directory. AQ is now working.

Dave
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: How to move map files - AQ 2.3.6 on Android13

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Yes Android 13 behave like Android 11.
For reference, here is the online help on this topic: https://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/ ... _and_above
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
paranoid53

Re: [resolved] How to move map files - AQ 2.3.6 on Android13

Post by paranoid53 »

My problem is solved (I wish CX Explorer had a "select all" option!) but I see that one of the suggestions on the help says "Plug your device on your desktop computer (using your USB cable) and use it to move the files" - this didn't work when I tried it.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: [resolved] How to move map files - AQ 2.3.6 on Android13

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Ok, thank you for the feedback.
I've updated the online help about this.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !