The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Alpinequest - reuse of downloaded mapps in OfflineMaps?

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Hasse

Alpinequest - reuse of downloaded mapps in OfflineMaps?

Post by Hasse »

Hi team,

I would like to reuse in AQ the downloads I made earlier with OfflineMaps. Checked out this page:
https://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/ ... _and_above but still have some questions:

(a) to reuse downloaded/offline saved map sections, I have to copy them with a file manager app from the Offlinemaps app folder to the AQ map folder: correct?

(b) I assume there is no kind of integration to avoid double storage in case I want to have those data available to both apps: correct?
(No idea whether OfflineMaps becomes completely obsolete after obtaining AQ... so just want to be sure :) ).
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Alpinequest - reuse of downloaded mapps in OfflineMaps?

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
a) Yes you have to copy the data from the OfflineMaps app folder to the AlpineQuest one.
They both share the same storage structure so nothing else should be necessary.
You can use your PC for the copy, or a file explorer that correctly works with the new storage access permissions of Android 10 and more.

b) Yes, the data will be duplicated. Note that currently AlpineQuest does include all features of OfflineMaps, so you shouldn't need this last one anymore, at least not as the main app.
The Android system now completely separate the storage files of apps, so an app cannot access another app files (for privacy reasons, except special apps like file manager that are manually approved by Google).
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !