The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Importing tracks into "Recorded tracks" folder

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Piotro

Importing tracks into "Recorded tracks" folder

Post by Piotro »

Is there a way to import an external track (KML, gpx, etc.) into the "Recorded Tracks" folder, so it shows among other recorded tracks for easy filtering etc.?

Background: I accidentally deleted a recorded track from AplineQuest but I have managed to extracted the track from my Google Timeline in the Google's KML format. After opening it by the AQ app, it's been copied into the "Imported placemarks" folder, but AFAIK there is no way to display the contents of this and the "Recorded tracks" folders simultaneously in the "Explore placemarks" view in the app, which I need for filtering.
Copying the KML or gpx file manually into the "Recorded tracks" folder does not help (the file is then not visible to AQ).

I know KML format doesn't have the complete set of data like elevation, timestamps, etc., but perhaps someone knows a way to convert this format to trx with the limited dataset? I could not find any tools / scripts that could perform this task.

Any help would be appreciated!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Importing tracks into "Recorded tracks" folder

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Yes it's possible, however you need to put the ".trk" track files in that folder, not the KML/GPX files.
So import your KML file, it will produce a placemark file imported in the "Imported placemarks" folder. Open that file, and locate your track. Long press it, select "Copy", then move to your recorded tracks, and tap the paste icon (top/right). More details here on copy/paste: https://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/ ... ingle_item
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Piotro

Re: Importing tracks into "Recorded tracks" folder

Post by Piotro »

That's exactly what I needed, thanks so much!