The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Option to include selected Placemarks as a layer in a Mapset

Any question about the app? Ask it here
mattyOH

Option to include selected Placemarks as a layer in a Mapset

Post by mattyOH »

Would it be possible to have a subset of my Placemarks load as a layer each time I chose a particular Mapset?
There are certain placemarks that I would like to see only when I chose a particular mapset... as an example all the mountain specific data generally useful only when a large scale topo mapset is selected and not needed when viewing a road atlas style map.
Better still, if loaded in conjunction with a layered tileset, the ability to chose at what zoom levels the selected placemarks become visible, controllable from a layer sitting on top of the mapset.
I realise this might be asking a lot but it would be a great feature wouldn't it!!?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Option to include selected Placemarks as a layer in a Mapset

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
You should have a look at workspaces: https://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/workspaces
When you select a workspace, it will restore maps and placemarks together.
Concerning the display of some placemarks from certain zoom levels, this is not currently possible. I add this in the waiting list but there are so much requests that it won't be available soon for sure unfortunately.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
mattyOH

Post by mattyOH »

Am I correct in thinking that in a new workspace, if I use a tileset downloaded to local storage in Workspace A that this would have to be duplicated in Workspace B?
If so this is not a feasible option with many the gigabytes of data involved.
DaveM

Post by DaveM »

I don't know if this helps. You can create a placemark container file. Then copy any placemarks you want to include in a layer into that placemark container. The placemark container can then be displayed or undisplayed as a whole. It is not quite as convenient as what you are suggesting but it is fairly easy. I have many of these files that I produce with an external program with up to about 6800 tracks that I use essentially as an interactive trail map layer.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

matty, yes you're right that if you use another workspace, they will both have independent map storages.

I was going to suggest the exact same other solution as Dave. I believe this is the simplest way to display/hide multiple placemarks at once.

Sure, they won't be linked to your map sets, but I think it's better (and simpler) to leave both maps and placemarks independently displayed (this is how it has always been working).
A solution would be to have a "Favorite placemarks" section in the placemarks menu, working just like favorite maps but for placemarks, I believe the app is already enough complicated :? ...
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !