The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Auto export when wifi or an intent

Any question about the app? Ask it here
kab

Auto export when wifi or an intent

Post by kab »

I am wondering if a new "feature" would be possible. I would like have my track as a gpx download when I get back from a day out. I was thinking if you had an auto export to gpx/kml/* when wifi is reached I could then use an automation to use my syncing software to grab it when I get home.

Or an android intent I could fire off to export on command. Similar to the intents you have for track on/off etc

Otherwise any suggestions?
Thanks
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Auto export when wifi or an intent

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi kab,
This is technically possible but would require quite to time to add (especially all the wifi network scan and setup), and unfortunately this is something I don't have anymore.
I think it would be possible to do something similar using an app like Automation or Tasker. For example setup some copy action when a wifi is in reach (although I have never done something like this).
Concerning the GPX export part, you'll need to either export the track manually (for example as soon as you've finished recording a track, it would require just some taps), or use a conversions script (few of them are available on this forum, I can help you with that).
Sorry for not being more helpful,
François
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
kab

Re: Auto export when wifi or an intent

Post by kab »

Thanks. Will look into the conversion scripts.