The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

AlpineQuest on Chromebook

Any question about the app? Ask it here
pinkyperk

AlpineQuest on Chromebook

Post by pinkyperk »

I have been successfully using AQ on my phones for several years, but recently purchased an Acer R11 Chromebook. This now has access to Google Play and I have installed AQ on the device. So far I am very pleased that AQ functions very well on the chromebook. My device has a touchscreen, so I have the option of using that or a mouse /keyboard. When setting up initially it is important to add a new folder within the Downloads folder setup (see instructions below), otherwise it is not possible to access any of the normal AQ folders. Once this has been established files can be transferred in the normal way.

I have found it quite easy plotting a route on the chromebook, but when it comes to accessing the route (or editing it) it only seems to work with the touchscreen (i.e. touching a point on the route will bring up the normal menu options). This is not possible with the mouse (i.e. trying to click on a point on the route). I assume this is an idiosyncrasy of the Chromebook setup, and because I have a touchscreen it is not a great problem to me, but could be a problem if using with a chromebook without a touchscreen.

Overall I think it is great to be able to use AQ on a larger screen device (mine is 11.6"). I can also mirror the screen with an HDMI lead to get even greater definition on a widescreen monitor. Google Play is available on all new Chromebook devices and a few older ones.

For setting up Folder to access AQ folders in Chromebook:
On the left side of the Files window, select the Downloads folder.
Click the Settings widget in the top-right corner of the window. The File Settings menu appears.
Click New Folder. ...
Type the desired name for the folder and press Enter.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: AlpineQuest on Chromebook

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Thanks for all those details (sorry for the delay).
I didn't have the chance to test the application on a Chromebook but I'm pleased to know that it's (almost) working fine.

It's however quite strange that you can't just use the mouse in place of the touch-screen...

Anyway, thanks again for your report.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !