The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] After formating SD card.

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Poukkii

[closed] After formating SD card.

Post by Poukkii »

Hello! Quick question, I did a copy past of all my files of my SD card to my computer. I reformat my SD Card on the same format. I copy past the file again from computer to SD card.

I went in the option of the app but all my info track and marks are gone. I went to choose the sd card storage and it says I'm still at 5.7Go of data (nice!) Bit how to make it read by the app again ? I hot samsung galaxy s5 and a 128 Go card!
Yemble

Re: After formating SD card.

Post by Yemble »

Which OS (including sub-version) are you running on your S5?
Are you rooted?
How did you re-format your SD, in the PC or the phone?
What file system is your SD formatted to, exFAT or FAT32?
Is the SD new and/or proven to work? - if you bought a fake, then re-formatting it will reveal its true capacity (I know, I've been there!).

I have had similar SD issues on my Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 running Lineage OS 7.1.2, which were partially fixed via a ROM upgrade. However, in my experience I would say that Android 7.* can be a PITA when it comes to SD handling and security. Ultimately, the best solution is to get root access.
Poukki

Post by Poukki »

Hello Yemble,

Thanks for taking your time time!

- Actual OS : Android -6.0.1 (last version upgraded on my S5) / Sub Version : I've been using this app for more than a year. and the cellphone as 2 years but can't tell which version It had before (I don't remember)

- I'm not rooted. Just bought the brand new phone to a Major cellphone company.

- On my PC - exFAT as it was when I bought it on Amazon. I think it was a good one, Patriot 128go Micro SDXC 1 Class 10. I believe it work fine as before I reformat it. I put back all my data (100go) and still say's I've a lot of free space, sorry for you bad experience! It sucks.

- I see, I've no idea how to root a phone!

I thought that the copy past would have been enough lol, then I just though .. ''oh as I reformat, the root is not linked'' it should have made a new one. I just have to copy past all on this new files. I did, it didn't work. I uninstall and install the app. I tried again after changing the the setting to the SD Card location (on the app and on the App manager of my phone). Didn't work neither. But after installing the app the SD location says i was at 13mb data (because all the data was delete by deleting the app), I just past all my old data again on the new file and now it says 5.70GO, strange that it detect that the data is there when I'm in the app but that it can't load it. (maybe if don't copy past the ''files'' but instead only copy past the data inside the folder (Files - builtin-maps - copy past)) so the app link to that folder would stay intact?? I will delete the app again and try this.

I can try to root my phone too, if it's not too complex, and what should i do after that?
Yemble

Post by Yemble »

I've not had any issues with AQ on my MM 6.01 Moto X Force (rooted) phone. It has a 200Gb SD formatted exFAT (as delivered). I suggest that you re-format the card within the phone and verify the capacity. Then re-copy your files to it on the PC. Make sure that you safely eject the SD from Windows prior to re-inserting into your phone. Android seems to be very sensitive to cards that have been whipped out of drives, without prior ejection.

I cannot see any reason why that should not work in a MM device.
Poukki

Post by Poukki »

And my last try work! All my map are back with their data linked offline! But the Landmarks didn't show up in the app option - Explore landmarks. I plugged back my cellphone to the computer and instead of copy my landmarks data on the SD Card as i did first, I went to copy it on the device storage (same location). Now the app detect all the landmark so I just press ''Display all'' and it's done! I'm not sure if it's a good way to do it .. But at lease it works!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Thanks Yemble for your help.
Great if it's now sorted out.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !