The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Possibility to add mountain markings on the trails

Any question about the app? Ask it here
aurelian

[closed] Possibility to add mountain markings on the trails

Post by aurelian »

Hello,

This is my first post on this forum, but I have been using AlpineQuest for some time.
I have recently noticed that some trails do not appear as marked on the application map, but in reality these trails are marked.
I use the application in Romanian Carpathians and I noticed this matter during a trip to the Bucegi Mountains.
So, I think it would be useful to introduce into the application an option for the user to add marks on the routes that appears non-marked paths on the application map.
In this way users can actively contribute to the improvement of the maps and, why not, to the improvement of the application.

Thank you and good trips.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Possibility to add mountain markings on the trails

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Aurelian and thanks for your message.
The application actually uses a lot of different maps (hundred of maps are available in the application), so it's not possible to have a feature to modify them all.
However the default maps is based on the OSM data, which is a collaborative map so you're welcome to modify it and add all the missing data you know of. See more details here: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contribute_map_data.
Hope it helps
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !