The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Landmark Import

Any question about the app? Ask it here
jf2go

Landmark Import

Post by jf2go »

I am new to AlpineQuest and could not see how to search the forum to see if my question has been answered.

Is there any way to import landmark GPX files from alternate locations like Dropbox or Google Drive? I have GPX files downloaded to my desktop PC that I would like to use in AlpineQuest. It would be very easy to add those to my Google Drive, but I cannot find a way to read them in AlpineQuest. I see that AlpineQuest supports local Android storage as well as "Online Landmarks". An alternative would be if there is a way to login to my Online Landmarks account via a browser and upload the GPX files there.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Landmark Import

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
I do import GPX file from Dropbox by simply clicking on them from the Dropbox file explorer.
AlpineQuest is then displayed in the list of apps compatible with GPX files.
I guess you may do the same thing with Drive.
Let me know if you have any issues
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
jf2go

Post by jf2go »

Thank you for getting me started. From within my dropbox app, I was able to locate my GPX file and do an "open with" AlpineQuest. It appeared to read the GPX file and open the AlpineQuest app, but I don't see anywhere to display the landmark trail map. It doesn't show up with Explore Landmarks or Displayed Landmarks. I have found a way that does seem to work - I can email the GPX file to myself as an attachment, then download the attachment on the Android phone to My Downloads. I can then successfully display the trail map GPX with Explore Landmarks and Displayed Landmarks. What am I doing wrong when I try the "open with" method from dropbox?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,
After importing a file, the application should ask you if you want to display it or browse it. Do you see those options?
Do you see any progress bar at all (while importing the file)?
jf2go

Post by jf2go »

Hi,

When doing an "open with" from the GPX file in dropbox, I see a progress bar, then AlpineQuest opens, then nothing after that.

When I am in AlpineQuest, then go to Explore Landmarks, and import the GPX file from one that is stored in My Downloads (emailed to myself as an attachment, and downloaded the attachment on my phone), I see a progress bar, then I am offered Browse or Display.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Thanks, I'll have a look.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Version 2.0.7 is being released with some enhancements regarding the handling of external files.
Hope this issue will be fixed.