The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Unable to import kmz map

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Younggunlbl

[closed] Unable to import kmz map

Post by Younggunlbl »

I am trying to understand import my kmz map and am getting a failed message. Is my map just not compatible with alpinequest?
Ridwan

Re: In able to import kmz map

Post by Ridwan »

Hmmmmm
I never experienced that before,
Can u tell me how do you import that file?
May be the problems are the kmz files or the app cant get permission to access the sd card
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Here is the online help to import KMZ overlays: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/m ... z_overlays
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
NGoddard

Post by NGoddard »

I am getting the same problem. I purchased and loaded AlpineQuest GPS Hiking and loaded it on my Android Samsung Note 5. I then imported a kmz file. The route showed up successfully. Then I tried to manipulate the the route and I made a mistake so I deleted the route a section at a time. Once I deleted the route I could not reload the kmz file. I continue to get a notification that reads "the requested action import failed" I have uninstalled and re-installed AlpineQuest GPS Hiking at least three times. I have also deleted the kmz file and downloaded it multiple times and then tried to load it with no success. HELP!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi, to import/export placemarks please follow this online help page
NGoddard

Post by NGoddard »

That is the same answer you gave the other guy in this post and that does not work. Try again with another method.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

No it's not the same answer and it's not the same help page.

The initial question was for importing maps, whereas you're trying to import placemarks (waypoints, tracks, routes, etc)...
NGoddard

Re: In able to import kmz file

Post by NGoddard »

I purchased and loaded AlpineQuest GPS Hiking and loaded it on my Android Samsung Note 5. I then imported a kmz file. The placemarks (waypoints, tracks, routes, etc) showed up successfully. Then I tried to manipulate the the placemarks (waypoints, tracks, routes, etc) and I made a mistake so I deleted the route a section at a time. Once I deleted the placemarks (waypoints, tracks, routes, etc) I could not reload the kmz file. I continue to get a notification that reads "the requested action import failed" I have uninstalled and re-installed AlpineQuest GPS Hiking at least three times. I have also deleted the kmz file and downloaded it multiple times and then tried to import it again with no success.

Sorry, I used the wrong term "route" instead of placemarks (waypoints, tracks, routes, etc). The link you sent me gives me no indication on how to resolve "MY" issue after I explained how I tried to resolve it in detail. Now that I have corrected my terminology and tried to do download the file multiple times again with your last guidance I still need help on how to resolve the issue. I really like your product so I would like to get this issue resolved and continue to use it.
NGoddard

Post by NGoddard »

Please ignore my last post. I looked at your instructions more closely and followed them and it worked. I did indeed use the import map function previously versus the placemarks (waypoints, tracks, routes, etc) import function. thanks for the help.