The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Drawing paths with a pen on a tablet

Any question about the app? Ask it here
buysilver@gmail.com

[closed] Drawing paths with a pen on a tablet

Post by buysilver@gmail.com »

Was wondering if it might be possible to have the option when drawing a path to be able to follow the pen in the correct direction - at the moment this is the reverse, in other words when you draw down it draws the path up. Would just make life so much easier when drawing a path that follows an existing path that is visible on a map. Thanks
Yemble

Re: Drawing paths with a pen on a tablet

Post by Yemble »

I seem to recall having a similar conversation a few years back when I first started using AQ, having been used to the way MemoryMap worked on the PC. AQ's route management is a bit of a learning curve at first but after a while it does actually become quite intuitive and the use of the centre point means that you can be very precise on small displays.

The additional coding required to do route management the more traditional way, just for pen enabled tablets, probably does not justify the effort, IMHO.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Drawing paths with a pen on a tablet

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and sorry for the delay.
In fact, Yemble said everything (I think this is the original discussion we had)...
It's true that it's not optimal when using a pen, as it's really made for drawing with a finger, but it would lot of changes and devices with a pen are quite rare. Also, you get used to it very quickly.
Just for info, this method as been chosen because it allows the user to scroll the map without stopping the drawing. When using a pen and reaching the border of the screen, you don't have much options but to stop... And reaching the screen border does happen a lot with mobile devices...
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !