The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] V2.0 offline maps

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Simon le Bon

[closed] V2.0 offline maps

Post by Simon le Bon »

Storing offline maps is a crime in V2.0.
You can't select the map level anymore instead the app zooms in when you move the slider.
In other words, it is not possible to download a larger area in a high map level.

The main reason I purchased Alpine Quest was the easy way of downloading entire maps of an area in Norway for a hiking trip.
For this hiking trip, we have a route (GPX) but because we won't be following the route strictly we want to have a map of the surrounding area, preferably in an as high detail as possible.

Is there a way to install/rollback to the old version again?

EDIT:
Found it! After the map is zoomed in, you can manually zoom out and the map level stays the same.
So, No problemo :D
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: V2.0 offline maps

Post by Psyberia-Support »

When you select the maximum level to store the application zooms to this level to give you a preview of the level. When you release the control, it goes back to the original zoom level. But the store area process in itself is the same.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Simon le Bon

Post by Simon le Bon »

Hmmz...
The GPS wasn't working either (couldn't get a GPS fix).
But after rebooting my device, GPS works and AQ zooms out after the preview as it should.

I guess there was some garbage in the devices memory (temporary device Alzheimer? ;) ).

Major plus is that AQ is more responsive! :D
theksmith

Post by theksmith »

i have to agree that this new zoom slider's behavior when selecting the tile download zoom level is very confusing. until i read your response above, i also thought that you had made it impossible to select an area larger than was displayed while using that zoom... which would have made AQ completely useless IMO!
TerenceLove3

Post by TerenceLove3 »

I dont know if this is the same problem. Since the update AQ no longer see's my memory maps which are stored on the sd card. Before the update I could see all my memory maps, select a map for offline view and AQ would bring the appropriate map to the top of the list of maps as I moved between areas. i.e. move from Lake District to Caingorms. Now none of this happens and the system is now useless as it does't read the maps stored on the SD card, and I can't see how to link them. What good is an update which renders the app useless?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Nothing (should have) changed with this new version regarding file based maps.
Please make an error report from the app after selecting your maps folder so I can check your logs and see what's wrong.
If you have Android 6, be sure to allow the application to access your SD card.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

I've updated the online help with a clear tutorial on how to use file based maps in v2: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/m ... sed-select