The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] All-In-One Offline Maps Free Version - Tracks

Any question about the app? Ask it here
TRax

[closed] All-In-One Offline Maps Free Version - Tracks

Post by TRax »

Hi
I have the All-In-One Offline Maps Free Version downloaded from play store i was testing and the recorded tracks have .trk extension.

My question: There are any way to convert .tkr to .gpx or .kml in this free version?

Thanks
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: All-In-One Offline Maps Free Version - Tracks

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your interest in our application.
It's currently not possible, gpx and kml support is only in the "+" version. It may change in the future, but nothing sure.
Sorry about that
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
TRax

Post by TRax »

Thanks for the reply.

When i have symbian with nokia i used Smartcompgps, but for android this app is the best i have found but unfortunately i cannot import the tracks to google earth with .trk extension. In smartcomp was .plt and with ozy explorer i always conterted to .kml or .gpx.

i would by the app but i dont have any bank account, i prefer to see more advertising instead.

Well I'll wait may be one day you change ideia :)

Oh by the way All-In-One Offline Maps is an update version of AlpineQuest GPS Hiking? Or AlpineQuest Gps has more things?

Best regards ;)
hoser

Post by hoser »

http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/ can probably convert your files I know its not the answer your looking for but might be a temp solution.
TRax

Post by TRax »

Hi, i tried but after trying to convert it says No valid GPS data detected! ; (

I have also tried with diferent online converters and with ozy explorer to but nothing!

I've search in google and in this forum there is a topic when says that is impossible to convert .trk to .gpx or .kml....

In SmartCompGps i was able to import/export from/to Google Earth Tracks and Waypoint and view in offline maps and it was ok.

In android i am not finding any app that to this "simple" things. I use this only for hicking. I've tested a lot of app for this but the best one i've found but .trk files give me nightmares :P

GPS essentials is another one but has a lot of bugs...

If anyone have news about this tell me ;)

Best regards and Thanks
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi again,
Sorry about those troubles...
Yes right now you won't find any other app that can convert the .trk files created by the app.
The app uses its own file formats because it allows us to have great flexibility and speed (read/write) compared to other "common" formats targeting wider use and following standards. This format is open as described here, so it may be supported in other app in the future...
But it's true that GPX and KML supports are only available in the "+" version, so with only the free version you're a bit stuck. That's why we need to reconsider this.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !