The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Position at the bottom of the map

Any question about the app? Ask it here
alexlong

Position at the bottom of the map

Post by alexlong »

AlpineQuest GPS Hiking и All-In-One Offline Maps place my position at the center of the screen. Is it possible to add an option for positioning not only in the center of the screen but, for example at the bottom - over the features menu?
If I'm in the center I see only 1/2 of the map (screen) in front of me. When I am in the bottom I can see at least 2/3 or 3/4 of the map in front of me and get more road information.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Position at the bottom of the map

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your suggestion.
You're right, it would be a good feature (it has already been asked as far as I recall).
It has not been done yet because it leads to memory issues (the more you move the map rotation point away from the center, the more map area you need to load so the map can be displayed for every direction...), but with recent devices having more and more memory it can be reconsidered now.
I'll have a look for the next update how it works.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
alexlong

Re: Position at the bottom of the map

Post by alexlong »

Hi and thanks for your answer.
I asked this question but I did not think about it. You are absolutely right there will be problems if you use the map in various directions. If you apply "rotate map follow GPS direction" it's OK. otherwise it won't be good.
Thanks.