The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Unable to Read QCT maps

Something wrong? Report it here
Lefty2

[closed] Unable to Read QCT maps

Post by Lefty2 »

I have been using Alpine Quest with Memory Map QCT files until last week since then when I select a map I get the message "Out of Bounds Map" and the option to slide the map view to a covered area. All I get is a blank screen ( the map is for the local area) I have tried deleting all maps and copying them back from my pc, uninstalling and re installing Alpine Quest, but I still cannot view QCT maps. the default maps display OK.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Unable to Read QCT maps

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
The application shows the "Out of Bounds Map" message if the selected map does not cover the currently displayed area.
Have you answer 'Yes' to the question 'Move to a covered area' ? If you don't, the map will not move and the screen will be blank.

Also, you can use the '-' zoom button until to reach the base world map, where the bounds of your QCT maps will be displayed (or a small gray circle if the map bounds are too small).

Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

Still cannot read maps, I am in Preston and the loaded map is OS 1-25-286_Blackpool and Preston. The Other strange thing is that the default World map has a fix in the atlantic near Nigeria, as well as a fix in Preston, but it will not display the loaded map
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,
Have you answer 'Yes' to the question 'Move to a covered area' ?
And what do you mean by a fix in the Atlantic and in Preston?

Also, it would be great if you could make an error report: try to display your QCT map, then click on the map menu icon, the 'More...' and then 'Errors report'. Click on 'OK'.

Best regards
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

Hi
Alpine Quest opens fine with default world map, Until I try to open a QCT map . Was working Fine until last week
See attached Screen Shots.
Attachments
img3.jpg
If a hit the - Zoom on the screen it reverts back to World map with Position locked in where I am and Africa
(37.64 KiB) Downloaded 3466 times
img1.jpg
Out of Bounds Screen Shot,Even though Selected map is not out of bounds, I selected Yes
(45.28 KiB) Downloaded 3466 times
IMG2.jpg
Screen Shot after Selecting yes, Screen Frozen unable to move screen around
(36.79 KiB) Downloaded 3466 times
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

You should first get rid of displayed items on the map:
- the target (in purple): click on the dot, click on the name that appears and select 'Remove target';
- your last known location (in red): long-press the green 'Location' menu button at the bottom of the map until it turns black.

Then, from the default world map, you should be able to see the map outbounds like the screen shot below (see the gray circles).
If you don't, please make a error report like explained in my previous post, that may help to find the issue.

Have you done something special last week on your device?
device-2014-08-01-161736.jpg
(46.38 KiB) Downloaded 3463 times
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

Hi
Problem Sorted, I copied qct file back to pc it would not open in memory map so I reformatted my SD card, and reinstalled Alpine Quest, and copied qct map back now working OK

Thanks
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Ok thanks for the feedback.
Great it's now sorted.
Best regards