The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Eof exception on qct files

Something wrong? Report it here
davet954

[closed] Eof exception on qct files

Post by davet954 »

Hi, I have happily used alpine quest full on my old phone with qct maps between 200mb and 300mb. I have just changed my phone to a zp980 and when I browse to the maps folder containing these files I get a java eof exception from read fully. What is the pro problem.?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Eof exception on qct files

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
It's usually due to an incomplete copy of a map (like removing the USB cable before the full copy, or a writing error).
If you look at the log file (usually located at "/sdcard/alpinequest/logs/alpinequest.log") you should be able to see which map is causing the error (be sure to encounter the error before). If you prefer, you can also post the log file here or send it to me by mail so I can tell you the map name.
Let me know
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
davet954

Post by davet954 »

Hi,
I reloaded all the qct files from my master source. Problem still there. I attach log file.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Thanks for the file.
The bad news is that there is an error while reading almost all maps.

The data that cannot be read doesn't seem very important and the map should be displayed fine without it. However it's really strange that you didn't have the errors with your previous phone, and I can't figure out why...
I have made a fix that will prevent to display the error message if the data is not really important.
However can you confirm that the maps are correctly displayed anyway?

Thanks
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

The version 1.4.9 has been released.
Did anything change with this new version?