The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[fixed] Extra Alpinequest folder has appeared

Something wrong? Report it here
AndyT

[fixed] Extra Alpinequest folder has appeared

Post by AndyT »

Hi, For some reason an "extra" alpinerequest folder has appeared in the maps folder on my HTC Desire S phone.
Path is /sdcard/alpinerequest/maps/alpinerequest and in this folder are cache and maps folders (both empty).
Maps are correctly placed in the first maps folder.
I've deleted the extra folder, but it is automatically re-created!

Also there is no World Map display in the in-bounds maps screen; just a heading "Folders" which shows only alpinerequest folder - 2 Folders - 0 file

This is for version 1.4.0 and is maintained after an uninstall and re-install.

Any suggestions on how to correct this?

Andy
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Extra Alpinequest folder has appeared

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for posting your issue here.
After investigating it seems that the application fails to locate your internal memory and wrongly uses instead the maps folder to read/store community maps.
Just to confirm that, could you email me (or post here) the "/sdcard/alpinequest/logs/alpinequest.log" file?
Also, do you have a folder called 'custom-maps' in the "/sdcard/alpinequest/cache/" folder? (just like the existing 'builtin-maps'). If not, creating it may disabled the extra folder creation.

Anyway I made a fix which will be available in the next version under, I hope, one week.

Concerning the "World Map", it's no more displayed in folders in the new version.

Sorry about this disagreement,
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
AndyT

Post by AndyT »

Hi again, Thanks for the speedy comments.

>>After investigating it seems that the application fails to locate your internal memory and wrongly uses instead the maps folder to read/store community maps<<
..if you say so :-)
>>Just to confirm that, could you email me (or post here) the "/sdcard/alpinequest/logs/alpinequest.log" file?<<
Can't see an easy way to append the file here. What email address should I use to send it please? (If you still need it; see below)
>>Also, do you have a folder called 'custom-maps' in the "/sdcard/alpinequest/cache/" folder? (just like the existing 'builtin-maps'). If not, creating it may disabled the extra folder creation.
Right, 'custom-maps' folder created as suggested and I deleted the 'alpinequest' folder(s) automatically created in the 'maps' folder. This (sub) folder was not re-created...good, but in Onboard Maps we just see In-bound/Out-of-bound maps and still NO Default World Map option.
>>Concerning the "World Map", it's no more displayed in folders in the new version.<<
Here's my "want to see".........
As we have the entire UK as a number of qct files, the Default World map is necessary to switch between them....I think.
On my other phone (HTC One V with AQ Ver 1.3.12) is DOES display Default World Map and when selected the display centres on the UK with the various map "boundaries" shown.I can then scroll to the correct area (I guess controlled by a "Key" map also in maps folder) which pulls in the correct UK area map.
Has this facility gone in Ver 1.4.0....or am I doing it wrong?

Phew, hope this all makes sense to you but as a new user I'm still finding my way around this super app. Well done.

Regards, Andy
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Thanks for the feedback.

Concerning the default world map:
I understand your need. However this base map is not gone, but it's just no more selectable from the maps explorer (I agree you can say here "so it's gone!?").
What you can still do, is use the "-" zoom button displayed on the map few times (quickly) to go back to the base map. Then, you should see all your map bounds like before, move where you want, and select the "+" button to open and display a new map automatically (zooming with the fingers or the zoom slider won't change the current map, but using zoom buttons will).
In this case, you won't need to open the map explorer to move from maps to maps.

I usually does this, and I guessed almost no one should select the base map from the maps explorer, that why I removed it, so it's making more space and simplicity.
But, if you really think it was easier before and that the base map should still be displayed, I can add it back or add an option.
Let me know,
Best regards
AndyT

Post by AndyT »

I have just had a go using the "-" zoom button and, as you say, it zooms out to the base map and enables me to change to a different UK map area - excellent!

I think you are right - this is actually a better way to change the map (avoids leaving the current screen). So no change required from me.

Am only just beginning to get to grips with the app, but am very pleased with it - keep up the good work (but stop working on week-ends!!)

Regards, Andy
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Thanks a lot for the feedback!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

The extra folder issue should now be fixed.
Best regards