The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Cannot access community maps

Something wrong? Report it here

[closed] Cannot access community maps

Post by Guest »

I purchased AlpineQuest for access to the community maps, but when I try to select any of the community maps, I get the following error:

call _parse
in: c
throws: net.psyberia.a.a.f.b.e

Thanks,

Stephen
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Cannot access community maps

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Thanks for using AlpineQuest and for posting your issue here.
The config files of community maps are stored on the phone memory (these are very small), whereas the cached map data is stored on the SD card like buit-in online maps.
It's seems that the config files are not correctly stored on your device memory (full? Not writable?). I just checked them all and its work fime for me.
Can you check that:
- you still have some space on your device (you can get this information from the Android settings - SD and memory, or by using a free app like Android System Info);
- AlpineQuest preferences are correctly restored after closing the app (the last map is loaded again, the place and zoom levels are restored, etc).
Finaly, if you could provide me the /sdcard/alpinequest/alpinequest.log file it would be great.
I'm really sorry about this disagreement,
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
schaffner

Post by schaffner »

I have the same issue, but with the free version. I still have space available on my device.

BTW: What is the difference between the lite and full version?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
You can find a list of the differences between both versions on our website:
http://www.alpinequest.net

Even tough you should be able to display the list of community maps with the free version, you won't be able to add them. This feature is for the full version only.

Last week we had issues with our servers, but now it's working fine.

Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !