The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Proximity alerts something new?

Any question about the app? Ask it here
alexlong

Proximity alerts something new?

Post by alexlong »

Hi.
Proximity alerts option is very good and useful. Are there plans to add more sound notifications or even change the current notification system? Ideally (if possible) it could be voice target notification using Android (Google) voice speech synthesizer.
Let's say AlpineQuest makes some periodical sound notifications on movement to a target, for example:
200 meters to the target, 180 meters to the target, You deviate 60 deg… etc.
Some specialized examples:
I am going home
Hey-Hey

I know there are lots of specialized Android applications for voice route notification to be used together with AlpineQuest but it would not be bad if AlpineQuest could do it itself.
In this case AlpineQuest will be very comfortable to use without touching a device at all while moving to a target (in rain, mud, frost,water surface etc.).

Thanks
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Proximity alerts something new?

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Alex,
I plan to improve the proximity alerts in a future version, I'll try to add this request. I cannot give you a release date nor be sure to be able to add this feature but I'll try.
I've updated the requested features list with this request.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

Hi, François.
It is still very actual. See above a request of my collegue:
I would like to ask you to add an important feature that is not available in any similar application: voice directional navigation to target with the screen turned off.
It is essentially azimuth movement with TTS directional cues at a set periodicity.
Example: every 40 seconds announce the distance to target and the direction on the dial:
"500 meters. Turn to 1 o'clock",
"300 meters. Turn to 10 o'clock",
"You're on the right way",
"Turn back".

Usage is navigating off-road (forest, mountains, desert) without maps and Internet, keeping your hands and eyes free, and most importantly - emergency battery saving. This is critical when the battery is running out and on long hikes.
Such a feature is implemented in the I'm Going Home (Pedestrian navigator) app.
Thanks in advance.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

I know...
It's still in the waiting list, along with all the requests I get on a daily basis... :cry:
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !