The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Huawei P10 Lite Phone

Any question about the app? Ask it here
mel102

[closed] Huawei P10 Lite Phone

Post by mel102 »

Hi,

I just bought a Huawei P10 Lite phone to replace my Motorola Moto G 3rd Gen phone. I took the SD card from the Motorla and put it into the Huawei,naively thinking that I'd be able to use Alpine Quest as before but it doesn't. The Huawei has Android 7 and also Huawei EMUI system, the latter may be the problem perhaps? I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with this phone? I use it for navigating with my Memory Map. Thanks.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Huawei P10 Lite Phone

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
What folder is used by the application to store all its data depends on the Android version and device model.
So after using your SD card on another device, just check if the application folder points on the same folder on the new SD card.
More information here: https://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/settings/storage

Let me know if you have any trouble
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
mel102

Post by mel102 »

Thanks for the reply. I've followed the instructions via the link you supplied but when I get to item 4 I'm getting a message in rd adjacent to the Application path, lock motif saying 'Your system prevents usage of this location'. Hope this helps.

Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,
The message talk by itself: you cannot use folders with this message on your new device (due to security rules imposed by the Android system 4.4 and up).
You still have choices available on both devices, you must select one of those.
You can copy the content from your old device into the one you choose so you can re-use all your data.
Yemble

Post by Yemble »

mel102 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:10 pm Thanks for the reply. I've followed the instructions via the link you supplied but when I get to item 4 I'm getting a message in rd adjacent to the Application path, lock motif saying 'Your system prevents usage of this location'. Hope this helps.
Did you try this? ... viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3360
mel102

Post by mel102 »

Thanks for all of the replies but I'm beginning to think it's getting too technical for me, I'm considering changing my phone again but which new models are there that I can use AlpineQuest without having to be a an IT wizard? Thanks.

Apart from the Motorola I have previously installed and used AlpineQuest on three other phones, it seems this new Huawei Android system is a problem.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,
You don't need to be change your phone nor be an IT wizard, you just need to select one of the available choices!
The limitation is not due to your phone, but to newer Android versions, so it will be the same with all phones.

You have one choice available on your device storage and one choice available on your SD card.
mel102

Post by mel102 »

I emailed Huawei support, as follows:-

Q) I've recently purchased a Huawei P10 Lite phone, I'm disappointed that I can't get the phone to recognise the SD card, as I can with my other manufacturers phones, and I can't move apps from the internal memory to the SD card. Is there an easy "How to" for this problem? Thanks.

Heres their reply:-

A) Thank you for contacting Huawei UK Customer Care. Regarding your inquiry, it's best to make sure that you are correctly installing your SD Card. To do so, follow these troubleshooting steps: 1. Turn off the device, remove the SD Card and reinsert it. Turn on the device. 2. If you are noticing that it's still not recognized, format the SD Card using a PC / Laptop with an SD Card Reader. If the storage of the SD Card is larger than 32GB, the recommended format is exFAT. This should ensure that your SD Card has been properly installed. Please take note that Huawei devices do not support Internal Storage to SD Card Application installations. Typical files such as photos, documents, videos, etc. For any further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us. Best regards, Alexandru Huawei Customer Care.

I'm still no wiser, it seems like a no hope situation, for me.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

On the screenshot you attached above I can clearly see that you can use either internal or external storage...
chris05

Re: [closed] Huawei P10 Lite Phone

Post by chris05 »

Bonjour la communauté
Avec mon Huawei P 10 tout récemment acheté je ne trouve pas la manip pour que le téléphone ne coupe pas l'enregistrement au bout de 25 à 30 mn.
sur l'écran ça m'affiche "utilisateur Huawei autorisez l’application à s'exécuter en arrière plan depuis les paramètres de votre appareil sinon le traceur sera arrêté par le système " mais à partir de là je ne sais pas quel manip il faux exécuter pour corriger ce problème.
Merci si vous pouvez m'éclairer
Chris
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: [closed] Huawei P10 Lite Phone

Bonjour,
Cliquez sur l'icone (?) pour afficher l'aide en ligne de l'enregistreur de trace, la bonne partie est ici: https://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/ ... _recording.
La prochaine fois merci de poster sur la partie française du forum (pour les posts en français).
Cordialement