The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] App backup and restore

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Ben

[closed] App backup and restore

Post by Ben »

I have a new phone, and it seems AlpineQuest does not use the Android data backup API, and indeed is doing something that prevents the Android 6 / Marshmallow Auto Backup feature from working - none of the app settings or files have carried over to the new phone, and it looks like I have to reconfigure it all from scratch. :-(

It would be great if AlpineQuest used the Data Backup API to store settings, etc; (ideally map content too!).

Data Backup: http://developer.android.com/guide/topi ... ackup.html
Autobackup: http://developer.android.com/training/b ... ncapi.html

This is from a Nexus 5 running 6.0, to a Nexus 5X also on 6.0.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: App backup and restore

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your interest in our application.
Yes you're right the application currently doesn't use the Android backup features.
I'll add this as soon as possible, but it will be only for the settings, not for the maps, since as of Android 6.0 backups are made online and map data can be (and usually is) huge.
However, you can retrieve most of your config (maps, landmarks, favorite sets, etc) by copying the application folder from the old device to the new one.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
amjid

Post by amjid »

Thanks
Any folder should I copy to keep my landmark & other modification to new phone
amjid

Post by amjid »

I prefer to make data base connected with my account username and password so when I login in new phone can I back up my landmark and other information like other application
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Yes that would be better you're right.
I'll try to add that.
Until then, you can copy the application folder where all data is stored (the folder location depends on your settings, check the "Storage device" in the application settings on your old phone). Inside this application folder, you have a folder called "landmarks" where are all your landmarks, and a folder "cache" where are all the stored maps.
Let me know if you have any question.
rl101

Post by rl101 »

Hi, I just did a backup and restore and nothing was backed up. I imagine the app still does not support this feature?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Yes you're right unfortunately it's still not available.