The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] waypoint/track details screen with offline map?

Any question about the app? Ask it here
crabbz

[closed] waypoint/track details screen with offline map?

Post by crabbz »

Hi. I use AlpineQuest with an offline map created with MOBAC. I noticed when I select a waypoint or track, the details screen appears to use an on-line map to show the location of the waypoint/track instead of my offline map. Is that right? Can I tell it to only use my offline map?
Yemble

Re: waypoint/track details screen with offline map?

Post by Yemble »

Silly question, but have you actually switched AQ into offline only mode via the "Use only local storage" option in the Maps menu?
crabbz

Post by crabbz »

Actually I don't see that menu option anywhere. Ok, if I select an on-demand map then some new options show up including "Use only local storage". But when I select my onboard map there is no such option. Thanks for the idea, it was worth checking.

I think the details page is using the OSM Open Map Roads map even though I am using an onboard map. I saw the KB size go up after displaying details for a track.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Yes crabbz, the preview map is always the default map.
This map covers all the world in all scales, which is not the case with offline maps... And you not always display details on landmarks inside the area of your current file based map.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !