The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] A list of "wishes"

Any question about the app? Ask it here
alexlong

[closed] A list of "wishes"

Post by alexlong »

Hi and thanks for AlpineQuest

Some small suggestions concerning AQ functionality

1. Can you add an icon on the map display when AQ works in the mode Use only local storage. In Russian version I have this as Autonomus mode means offline mode that is the application uses only stored cache
It would not be bad to visualise it by means of an icon on the screen with map when "Use only local storage" mode is on.

2. If I add a map as a favourite and use the same name as an existing favourite name the new favourite overwrites the current. I may be wrong but I saw it.
If I have a current favourite name Map-1 and add another map with the name Map-1, let's say by mistake, the "new" Map-1 will overwrite the current one. Can you add a kind of a warning "The name exists and will be overwritten bla-bla-bla"..?

3. Select and save area in MAPS & LAYERS — Now I can start and stop the process. Please add Pause action and button if it is reasonable.

4. User_Settings_Config file — can you add another command into the file to close AlpineQuest completely when I apply command (button) Open with: Other application? Sometimes there is a need to have it completely closed for example when I apply Open with: Other application and use Yandex.Maps. Now AQ is in the process when it takes over to Yandex. Is it possile to have an option in User_Settings_Config file to close it (AQ)?

5. Some 4pda users asked me to ask you to change the map display to have a chance to see elevation info separate to Screen center coordinates checkbox. They say that sometimes they do not need to see Screen center coordinates on the map but the small vertical arrow with hight data is a vailable only when Screen center coordinates checkbox is active.

6. Move the cursor to the bottom of the screen in some situations. Now it is always in the screen center. As far as I know you are planning to do it

7. Is it real to have 3D view in AlpineQuest (or at least pseudo 3D)?

8. Is there online help about ONLINE LANDMARKS?

9. Do you plan to add the vector maps support, for example mapsforge maps?

Thanks in advance
Alexander
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: A list of "wishes"

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Alex and thanks for your feedbacks.
1. It would not be bad to visualise it by means of an icon on the screen with map when "Use only local storage" mode is on.
You're right, that's a nice idea
2. Can you add a kind of a warning "The name exists and will be overwritten bla-bla-bla"..?
Absolutely. The fact that the original set is overrided is made on purpose, but it would be good to have a king of warning...
3. Please add Pause action and button if it is reasonable.
It would be nice but I cannot tell you for sure. I have lots of requests concerning the store area tool (including non square area), I'll see if I can also add this feature. But for now I don't know when I'll be able to do all that...
4. Can you add another command into the file to close AlpineQuest completely when I apply command (button) Open with: Other application?
I've added the user setting "core.menu.userbuttons.finish_on_external_app=1" to close the app when an external application is started.
5. Some 4pda users asked me to ask you to change the map display to have a chance to see elevation info separate to Screen center coordinates checkbox.
Yes I also want to do that, but didn't find the time yet. My plan is to display a separate elevation info bow when the "display stored elevation coverage" map is displayed. But users will be free to set its opacity to 0 to not see it.
6. Move the cursor to the bottom of the screen in some situations.
Yes it's in the planned features list for a long time now... It's a mater of time, but I've so many requests so I need to prioritize...
7. Is it real to have 3D view in AlpineQuest (or at least pseudo 3D)?
This is not a planned feature for now. I'm not against it but there are so many other feature I would like to add before that I cannot tell you for sure that it will be available one day. User can still use Google Earth Android or other 3D apps...
8. Is there online help about ONLINE LANDMARKS?
You're right that no online help is available. My plan is to refresh this feature completely, and allow users to upload images, tracks, etc... So until now I don't speak a lot of it that's why I haven't made an online help.
9. Do you plan to add the vector maps support, for example mapsforge maps?
I don't have much more update to give than what has been discussed here... I like vector maps, but right now to have vector maps you need to use mapsforge which I don't want to include in the application because it big, has lot of bugs, require LOT of resources. All the efforts I had put to keep the application light and fast would be for nothing... And I don't think it's a problem to have a separate application for vector maps...

I hope to have closely answered your questions!
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

I have lots of requests concerning the store area tool (including non square area)
I support this idea of non square area :)
I've added the user setting core.menu.userbuttons.finish_on_external_app=1 to close the app when an external application is started.
Thank you very much for so fast solution. I have already tested it. It works BUT....
When I made this question
Can you add another command into the file to close AlpineQuest completely when I apply command (button) Open with: Other application?

I meant other application but not so global. Let's say I choose a place or a waypoint on the AQ map screen and further I want to make a route through Yandex.Maps application and I do not need AQ at this time. That's why I asked to add such an option to close AQ because I transfer other work to Yandex.
But there are some other buttons and commands in user buttons list for example I can set a button-application "Phone" to make a call at the same time and go back to AQ still working or to open another application and go back to AQ but AQ will be closed in any case if core.menu.userbuttons.finish_on_external_app=1 applied. It does not look too reasonable.
Probably there is no way to do it in user_settings file but like this?
Can you just change "core.menu.userbuttons.finish" to close only some items but not everything?

As to online landmarks...
allow users to upload images, tracks, etc...
What about gpx landmarks (tracks and waypoints)?

Vector maps...
Very good answer
Thanks, understood. I did not see it. I think you are right. No more questions about vector.

3D view..
Probably I did not explained it well. I mean a slope of a map just like on the screens (Yandex.Maps as an examle)
Attachments
2D.jpg
(69.85 KiB) Downloaded 2090 times
3D.jpg
(64.94 KiB) Downloaded 2090 times
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,
For the "external app" user setting, I've replaced it by another one. Now it's:

Code: Select all

core.behavior.finish_on_external_map=1
It will close the application only if you open another mapping application (Google, OSM, Yandex), or a "Navigation" app.
If you choose "Other application", then the application won't be closed. Even if you choose a mapping app in the list, because the application has no way to know what choice you've made....

For the 3D (or 2.5D), this is more reasonable... But let's start with the ability to move the map rotation point away from the center first...
Best regards
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

Hi, François!

Code: Select all

core.behavior.finish_on_external_map=1
It does not work al least on my device

I tried to
Open with: Yandex Maps
Open with: Google maps
Open with: OpenStreetMaps

AlpineQuest is still working anв does not close
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Yes this will only be available in the next update