The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] offline maps

It's all about maps...
Den

[closed] offline maps

Post by Den »

goodmorning everyone
I am perplexed about the formation of offline maps.
I read that you have to highlight the area on the screen to make the save, but to not lose details it's necessary zoom in very much, so the area becomes small and to save all the trekking we must spend a lot of time. It become complex and not practical, .
Is it possible to download regional or country maps online and save their directly on the app? As a lot off app can do it.
Thanks
regard
Den
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: offline maps

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
If you use the "OfflineMaps" application, then yes you've to select the area you need for offline use and the application will store it. Please have a look at the detailed help: http://www.offline-maps.net/en/help/map ... store-area.
It's better to select your own area rather than a pre-made map because you only download and store what you need. So it takes less storage on your device. Note that you can store as many area as you need.

In addition to that, if you're using the application called "AlpineQuest", you can use pre-made file based maps as explained here: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/m ... based_maps.

Hope it helps
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Den

Post by Den »

Hi
Thanks for your answer
The next days I will try to use the mobac to create the maps. So I can see what is better for me, your approach or to download country maps like other maps
Thanks
Best regard
Den

Post by Den »

I tried to use the mobac, and I respected the procedure, but when I open the maps on my phone it's all blanc. Create the map is complicated and intricate, I prefer the downloading country maps. I think that at the moment I don't use your app, but app with country maps. I hope that in the future you decide to implement it.
Thanks