The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Sunrise/set and Moonrise/set.

Any question about the app? Ask it here
T2D

Sunrise/set and Moonrise/set.

Post by T2D »

I was going to suggest the addition of a new AQ feature that reports the time of sunrise/set and moonrise/set. I have this on my Garmin GPS. It is useful to know how much daylight remains and if there'll be a moon to illuminate the night.

I then realized there's probably an app for that! I found one designed for photographers. It reports civil/nautical/astronomical sunrise/sunset plus many other times like the "Golden Hour" when the sun is low on the horizon and produces a warm color.

It can display:
  • A map showing the position of the sun and moon with respect to your current location.
  • A graph showing the ascent and descent of the sun and moon over time (and the moon's current phase and illumination level).
  • The weather forecast for the current location.
In other words, it does more than I expected. Several of the more advanced features require internet access but the basic ones should work offline (or you acquire them before going offline).

http://www.exsate.com/products/goldenho ... nshots.php
T2D

Re: Sunrise/set and Moonrise/set.

Post by T2D »

I forgot to add that I am in no way associated with the developer of the product I described above and I'm not receiving compensation in any form. It's just one of several available apps that report sun and moon events. I mentioned it only because it is useful information for navigation but need not be included in AQ as a feature because it already exists in freely available apps.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Sunrise/set and Moonrise/set.

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks a lot for this information.
I think that using another dedicated application for this is a better solution, and the one you suggest seems great. I'll try it.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !