The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Alternate "map center icon".

Any question about the app? Ask it here
T2D

Alternate "map center icon".

Post by T2D »

Suggestion: provide a larger, alternate "map center icon".

Admittedly this is a selfish request, because I occasionally have difficulty tapping the "map center icon" with my fat fingers. I end up double or triple tapping it with undesired consequences (like selecting a menu choice I didn't want).

Perhaps there can be an option to change the appearance of the icon from a tiny circle to a slightly larger circle with crosshairs? I think I'd have better luck tapping a double-sized circle.

It could be a choice placed in the user-setting file. I don't believe one would need the ability to frequently switch icons (via the UI).
T2D

Re: Alternate "map center icon".

Post by T2D »

OK, I just saw a video of an older version of AQ and it had the "reticle" style of icon I described above. I also saw the icon style is listed as the fifth requested feature in this list: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=224

All this to say, I guess I'm not the only person who wants this feature .. and I've arrived late to the party!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Alternate "map center icon".

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your suggestion,
Yes you're right you're not the first one.
This icon has been recently updated and some users were not particularly happy...
A related request is also to let the user choose custom icons like a plane or boat.
I'll do that as soon as possible.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !