The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Downloading maps & landmarks to PC

It's all about maps...
abodude

[closed] Downloading maps & landmarks to PC

Post by abodude »

How can I download my files (maps, landmarks) from my phone to my computer to create a map that I can share with others.

I'm hoping to create a mountain bike trail map of my area using my phone gps.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Downloading maps & landmarks to PC

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,

The landmarks you create using AlpineQuest and the tracks you record with it are stored on your SD card as files.
These files have the .GPX file extension, which is a standard for GPS and can be read by many PC applications including Google Earth.

To copy them to your PC, do it like any file you transfer to your phone: plug you device using your USB cable, activate the data transfer mode. Using your PC file explorer, browse your device SD card to locate the .GPX files. By default, they are located in the folder "alpinequest/landmarks/". But depending on your device, this can be different. Let me know if you have an issue.

Concerning the maps, you cannot create them with AlpineQuest.

Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

Is it possible also to do the other way? Download on the PC and copy then to the phone?

Regards
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Yes of course, as long as the formats are supported by the application, you can download and then copy to your device landmarks and maps.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !