The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Zooming into a OS 1.25

Any question about the app? Ask it here
outdoorlifeofbrian

[closed] Zooming into a OS 1.25

Post by outdoorlifeofbrian »

Hi Folks,

I have recently started using AlpineQuest for when I'm backpacking, I want to print of my maps however I ca't seem to get the optimum amount of km squares into the A4 page, it's either 40 squares on a page, then when I zoom in it jumps to 8 squares on a page. Ideally I need around 20 squares per A4 page, but the zooming feature doesn't seem to want to accommodate this, is there a way around this?

Many thanks in advance!

Brian.
Yemble

Re: Zooming into a OS 1.25

Post by Yemble »

Try disabling the Lock Zoom On Levels option.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Zooming into a OS 1.25

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
The "print map" function it quite limited right now, I've a pending request to make it more flexible but I don't know when I'll be able to work on that.

Until then, you can play with the following "parameters":
- As Yemble said, un-check the "Lock zoom on levels" option in the application settings, and use the 2 fingers map zoom to finely control the zoom value before printing the map;
- Change the "Map display resolution", again in the application settings. Choosing a higher resolution will print a larger area of the map (for a given zoom level), a lower resolution a smaller area.

Hope it helps, let me know if you've any other question
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !