The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[done] Import from emails

Any question about the app? Ask it here
KWten

[done] Import from emails

Post by KWten »

I have not yet found an easy way to import a gpx file from an email into landmarks.
The only way I have found is to download the file, transfer it to dropbox then use my PC to copy it to the landmarks folder on my phone. Is there a better way?
I have a Moto G3 with Android 6
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Import from emails

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
You should be able to directly do it from your email client, or at least from your device memory (so no need to use your PC).
In fact, it depends on the applications you use (email client, file explorer, etc.), however most apps allows you to open attached files.
When I do that, a list of compatible applications is listed, and AlpineQuest is part of it. I just select it and the application loads the file (I don't even need to same the file somewhere).
In some cases, you may need to first save the file (it download the attachement), and once it's saved, click on it (from a file explorer). You should then see the same list of compatible application.
On my S5, it works fine from everywhere (emails, file explorer, etc). On my Moto X Play, I need to save the attachement on the device (it goes in the "Downloads/" folder), then with "ES File Explorer" I just click on the .gpx file and AlpineQuest is started (the file is imported and AQ asks to display or list the content of the file).
Be sure to use the last 2.0.1 version (I've made some fix in this one).
Let me know if nothing works on your device
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !