The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Map Explorer and GOOGLE.AQX changes

It's all about maps...
Allleyooop

Map Explorer and GOOGLE.AQX changes

Post by Allleyooop »

I have modified the original Google.aqx file to add just the maps I want to show up in the old Google Maps Line of map explorer. I am trying to change the menu in order to help a few old men easily find the maps where I have all ready downloaded some cache data for them.
I have that looking the way I would like but now wondering if there is any way to get this list/line to show up on the very top line of map explorer instead of what is always there now which is OpenStreet Maps?

Or am I going about this the wrong way perhaps?

Thanks very much.
Alley
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Map Explorer and GOOGLE.AQX changes

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
You can not change the order the first map groups (OSM, Bing, Google, USGS), but you can remove any group, so if you remove OSM and Bing, Google will be at the top. Would that be a satisfying solution?
You can remove a group using its right menu icon and select "Delete", or alternatively put an empty .AQX file (like the one for Google, but just with nothing inside). The OSM one is "OSM.AQX" and for Bing it's "BING.AQX".
Let me know if it's not what you want
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Allleyooop

Post by Allleyooop »

Ok sound like that should work so I created the empty files in OSM.AQX and BING.AQX in the builtin-maps folder.
Then also I put the original un-edited GOOGLE.AQX also in the builtin-maps folder.

Running it again, the maps explorer still has the two OSM and BING lines showing up at the top. Of course now there is no maps in those selections. Google Maps is still the 3rd line down and has the usual maps available. So I am not sure what is going on.

Before you replied to me I discovered I could get google right to the top by just by changing the GOOGLE.AQX file to the name OSM.AQX
Everything seemed to work ok except some of the little map icons had a tiny "X" just above the icon. What does that mean?

Thanks in advance.
Alley
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Ok sorry you're using AlpineQuest 1.4 whereas the procedure I gave you is for the new 2.0 version (available on Google Play).

Concerning the "X" symbols, it means that some features are disabled for those maps (ie you can't use the Store complete area tool).
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !