The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] OSGB comunity map levels

It's all about maps...
twoten

[closed] OSGB comunity map levels

Post by twoten »

I am trying to work out the best levels to use when creating an OS map from Bing.
Unfortunately the levels shown in the community map 1 to 11 do not relate to the levels using the Bing maps in Mobac levels 10 to 17.

I notice in the community map level 11 is OS Explorer 1:25,000 and Level 9 & 10 OS Landranger 1:50,000
Whereas the Mobac levels 15 to 17 are OS Explorer 1:25,000 and Levels 10to 14 Landranger 1:50,000

If I use all levels from Mobac obviously the file size will be ridiculous so what I would like to achieve is the same quality maps using just the 3 levels as the community based mapping in AQ.

Dose anyone know what the equivalent levels used in the community maps are?
Samsung Galaxy S4
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: OSGB comunity map levels

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
The number given by AlpineQuest is the level index of the map, whereas the number you're looking for is the OSM/Google zoom id "z". You can setup AlpineQuest to also display this value by adding the attached file in the application folder and restarting the application.

That being said, the last zoom id (index 11/11) in the community map is z=15.

Best regards
Attachments
user_settings.conf
(38 Bytes) Downloaded 560 times
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
twoten

Post by twoten »

I uploaded the attachment to Computer\Samsung Galaxy S7\Phone\Android\data\psyberia.alpinequest.full\ and tried it in Computer\Samsung Galaxy S7\Phone\Android\data\psyberia.alpinequest.full\files.
Restarted the application but could not see the Zoom level displayed.
Have I put the user_settings.conf file in the right place?

Alternatively can you tell where I can get the settings to the OSGB comunity maps file so I can work out the zoom levels and which maps are used at the lower zoom levels so I can replicate an offline version in Mobac?

Another option might be an XML file with the correct zoom levels and maps for Mobac that I can add my own key to?

Thanks again,
Keith.
Samsung Galaxy S4
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Putting the file in this folder (It seems the right one), will add a small " (z)" after the level index in the white info box.
Here is the config file using bing maps, but note that you cannot choose the map to use for each level, bing will just give you a particular map for a particular zoom value...
Attachments
explorer.aqx
(3.72 KiB) Downloaded 628 times
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !