The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Limited number of GPS points?

It's all about maps...
Mountain mad

Limited number of GPS points?

Post by Mountain mad »

I'm trying to open a KMZ file which contains approx 700 GPS points of features located around the country but it's not opening them for some reason.
Is there a limit to the amount of points you can upload or is there some other reason this file is not displaying? I have a couple of other maps which contain a few thousand points which I'd also like to be able to view.
I bought this app with the intention of replacing MyMaps due to the limitations with that app however it doesn't seem like it's able to handle the number of points.
I'm selecting Explore landmarks - My downloads - File name.kmz - Display contents but nothing appears on the map. Am I doing something wrong here or is there a better way to view these features?
I have tried smaller KMZ files which seem to work fine.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Limited number of GPS points?

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
There is no soft limit for anything, the only limit is physical, ie your device memory (My test KML file on a S5 is 20MB).
Here are few tips:
- Be sure to use the last app version (what's you version anyway?);
- Be sure that the data (the points) are saved inside your KML/KMZ, and are not stored on your Google Map account (in this case the app doesn't have the grants to get them). The GPX format is more safe for that, since the points are always in the file. What is the size of your file?
- Instead of "Display contents", select "Import". The app will import the data in it's native format (a .ldk file) and list the content, so you can check if it's correctly imported. You'll then be able to display any items, or select "Display contents" on the lkd file anyway.
Let me know
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !