The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] How to import GPX files?

It's all about maps...
phippster

[closed] How to import GPX files?

Post by phippster »

AlpineQuest doesn't 'see' my GPX file - It reports that "This place is empty" when I browse to the maps folder. What am I doing wrong?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: How to import GPX files?

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
To access your GPX files, click on the "Landmarks" menu, then "Landmarks explorer" and then browse the folder where your GPX files are.
Let me know if you have an issue.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
sentrat

Post by sentrat »

Hello, Im having the exact same problem. I have 3 .gpx files and OffLineMaps reports "This place is empty" when I browse to the maps folder.
Im not sure why.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
You need the ad-free version of OfflineMaps to import GPX or KML files.
susswein

Post by susswein »

I'm a little confused by the answers in this thread. I've downloaded a few Gig of bing satellite imagery. I have a gpx file with a few hundred waypoints that I'd like to overlay on the satellite imagery. Do I:

1) copy the gpx file over from my pc and import it using the landmarks feature?
2) first download another app called "offlinelinemaps" and then download the gpx file using the landmarks feature?
3) download the gpx file from within the "offlinemaps" app?
4) something else entirely?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Sorry if it wasn't clear.

You can overlay GPX items with those two apps, just be sure you already use one of then:
- AlpineQuest;
- OfflineMaps+.

Then,
1) Copy the GPX file(s) on your device (by email, dropbox, USB transfert from PC, etc);
2) Using one of the applications above, click on the "Landmarks" menu, then "Explore landmarks" and browse the folder where are your GPX files;
3) Click on a file to open it, then select the items you want to display (to display all waypoints, long press any of them and select "Display all").

Let me know if something is not clear
Best regards
riodinino

Re: [closed] How to import GPX files?

Post by riodinino »

Hi,

The answer is clear indeed, but it still does not work. Following this exact procedure (put files on device, open the folder via landmarks menu) the gpx files do not appear. It says "this place is empty - 8 unknown files".

The problem here is not the capacity of the users to open a menu and a folder, but the capacity of the app to detect the files.....
Is there a specific format ? I try with .gpx files right now. Tell me if it needs to be done with another extension

Best,

N
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: [closed] How to import GPX files?

Please open a new thread for your problem, this one has been closed 8 years ago.
And please tell me which app version do you use.