The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

how to remove stored maps?

It's all about maps...
jordimp

how to remove stored maps?

Post by jordimp »

Hi,
I'm using the app (version 2.1 on Android 4.1) whenever I visit a new city or country, when I download the relevant maps, but I would like to be able to remove these stored maps after I leave the place. I have not been able to find a way to do this on the app, nor a suitable solution in the forum. Can this be done? Your help with this will be appreciated!
jordimp
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: how to remove stored maps?

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Yes you can do this: from the maps list, click on the menu icon (on the rigth of the map) and select "Clear data".
This will clear all the data stored for this map (ie all the stored areas for this map).
Let me know if you have any issue
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
jordimp

Post by jordimp »

Hi,

Yes, I saw this option and tried it. But as I understand, this removes all saved data for the map (say, for Open Map Roads)... for all locations. So if I have stored data for my hometown and a city I'm visiting, I loose both. I only want to remove data for a specific location or region.

Would it be an alternative instead if I try and create a different Map for the different regions I'm interested in, and then storing/removing of maps on one of them will not affect the other(s)?

Thanks
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Ok sorry then.
Unfortunately you cannot remove only one stored area. All the data is merged into a single storage for a given map, and you can only clear the entire storage.
The only thing you may do right now is, just like you suggest, to use a different map for your home location and temporary locations you don't want to keep. If you clear the data of a map, all other are unaffected (be careful not to clear the data of the map group tough). There are lot of similar maps in the community maps list.
Sorry about that
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
ds47uk

Post by ds47uk »

One option would be to store ONLY your home location, and then to save it off to your PC or laptop. Then when you visit a new area download what you want. When you get home, overwrite with your stored home data.
jordimp

Post by jordimp »

Ok, thanks for your help and hints!