The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Need help with sd card setup with AlpineQuest

Any question about the app? Ask it here
worzel

Need help with sd card setup with AlpineQuest

Post by worzel »

First I would like to say hello, I am new on here as i purchased the full version of AlpineQuest via google play.
But can any one help me, I got a Samsung galaxy tab 3, with only 8gb internal memory, so I went out and got a 32gb micro sd card today but i cant seem to get AlpineQuest to read it so that all data goes on it. when i go to setting / storage device / its showing the sd card but it has got what looks like a lock padlock and i cant highlight that device. can any one help please.
Adrian
worzel

Re: Need help with sd card setup with AlpineQuest

Post by worzel »

It is ok know i have sorted it out.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your support.
Ok, great if it's fine, don't hesitate if you have any question
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Benjamais

Post by Benjamais »

Have the same problem, but this time with a Garmin Monterra

The Sd Card does not show on the Alpinequest Storage window. When using the Autodetect, it only reads the internal storage folders !!

Just the same, I put my QCT maps in a folder on the sd card. alpinequest/storage/ also tried alpinequest/maps still no joy. Of course the Garmin automatically prepare the sd card for the sdcard/mount.

What to do?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
Be sure that your SD card is ready (not being checked for errors or something like that).
Then, in the application, open the maps explorer, browse your "on-board maps" and select the folder where you have copied your maps. Then select your map. You don't necessarily have to change the default storage of the application, you can open maps from anywhere.
Here is more information: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/1.4/maps/onboard-use
Best regards

Post by Guest »

:) Thanks for the instructions and the links.
I eventually located the maps on the card 8-)
Now the map is loaded, but it jitters continuously and keeps rotating in a clockwise fashion. This should stop once I am in the 'Track Up' position.
I am assuming there is something clashing with the Garmin services app which runs all the time. I have disabled all the sample Garmin maps on the internal storage too.
I will persevere, I am convinced there is something very simple within the Monterra that's causing the problem now. I may even ask Garmin support for their opinion. Will keep you posted.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,
If the map is rotating automatically it means that you've activated the "Rotate map" option (either in the GPS or Compass menu).

Post by Guest »

Garmin Support was quite helpful, and talked me through various checks. They had to - After all the Monterra is their flagship handheld GPS !!!
I had to turn off the 'Track Up' in the Garmin own Map section, leaving it on North Up. You can't turn that off completely.
In the Alpinequest there are 2 locations for rotation of Map. One is Rotate by GPS and the other is Rotate by Compasss. Leaving both checked in, the map judders constantly. The only option appear to me checking the Compass rotation only. It's cool. I will have to try it in the field and see how it behaves.

My next test will be to see whether the App record my track as I move on the ground, and later save it for future use. I guess I will find this in the Landmark section. :)
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Thanks for your feedback.

Concerning the record of your tracks, it's located in the "GPS Location" menu too, just activate the "Location tracker" toggle.

Here is the online help on the Location Tracker: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/1.4/tracker.

Let me know if you have any issue
Best regards