The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] How to save my trek

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: [closed] How to save my trek

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Once you have your final GPX file ready (like merge_2days.gpx), you just have to copy it on your PC and open it with GE (GE can read .gpx files).
From GE, select Open, and choose the file type "GPS (.gpx)".
Let me know if something goes wrong.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
cheekn

Post by cheekn »

Thanks! It works.

Re: How to save my trek

Post by Guest »

AlpineQuest wrote:Hi again,
What an interesting trip!
Here are my suggestions concerning your questions:
1) I unfortunately don't know any detailed on-line topo maps of this region. What you can do is to to use both "OSM Landscape" and "Google Satellite" maps (available as built-in stored maps). It even seems that the EBC trail appears on the Landscape map. You can display both maps as layers and use the store area tool to make all the are available off-line. Here is the tutorial: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/1.4/ ... store-area;
2) Both formats can be read in GE. I personally prefer the GPX because it seems more compatible with other applications. However, for use with AlpineQuest, I suggest you to keep a .trk (default track format) copy;
3) Here is the online help for the location tracker: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/1.4/tracker. Ask me is you have more questions;
4) 10 days is very long for tracking with a smart-phone. The important thing to do to save your battery is to turn your device in airplane mode, and disable as many applications running in background as possible. I advice you to use a tracking frequency of 10 or 20 seconds, depending on the precision you want. With that, I am usually able to track for 2/3days, depending on the walking time. To last more, you will need an extra power source, like extra USB battery(ies), a solar or manual charger, etc. An AlpineQuest user made a 1 month hike using a solar charger, however he was in the sunny Arizona...
If you start the tracker when beginning the walk, and pause it at the end, you will be able to have all your days recorded in different track segments within a single track, useful to have separated statistics, names and colors for your different days.
Here are some tips about battery saving: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/1.2/ ... ong_tracks.

Let me know if you have more question, I'll be glad to answer.
Best regards
Thanks for sharing such useful information.. I do have some queries on similar project.. Will contact you soon will all my doubts.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: How to save my trek

Guest wrote:Will contact you soon will all my doubts.
Hi, no problem don't hesitate.
cheekn

Post by cheekn »

Hi,

I have just completed my 16 days trek in Nepal. I have recorded each day each day of my trek as segment. I save my file *.trk everyday. Example my day 1 destination was A, day 2 was B, day 3 was C . etc. I have saved under the file name A.trk for day 1, B.trk for day 2 and C.trk for day 3 and so on.

I can my C.trk consist of A to C data as I saved each day as segment

So my day 16 trk file have my entire trekking route data. and I understood that I have recorded a single track(entire route) with multiples segments (each day is one segment)

My question, is there a way to "convert" or "change" each segment as a single track. So that I can view a particular day route by clicking on that track

Thanks

Rgds
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again!
I'm very happy to see that you came back safely from your trek! I hope you had a great time over there.

Concerning your question, yes you can extract segments and convert them to tracks.
It's true that if you don't clear the tracker data after an export, then the next recording will be appended as another track segment.

To extract a segment, just copy/paste it: long press a segment, select "Copy", then move to any folder (or just use the back button to get out of the current track), and select "Paste" in the bottom menu.

Note however that you can get stats and graphics on each segments, even if they are parts of an unique track. Just click on the track to display all segments, long press any segment and choose "Details". You'll then have the details of only this particular segment.
You can also rename them with different names (like day1, day2, ...) or assign them a different color, so when you display the whole track, you can clearly see all the different segments.

Be sure to use the last app version.
Also, don't forget to save a copy of your track file on your computer or anywhere else in case something goes wrong on your device.

Let me know if you need anything
Best regards
cheekn

Post by cheekn »

Hi,

Two questions :-

(1) I have created Day 1(D1) to Day 13(D13) recorded tracks. (0 Folder 13 Files). I would like to export it to Google Earth. Do I need to merge these 13 files(tracks) before I do the export?

(2) When I vieww the Dashboard,
I have time : 6:40:32h, Length 12.06km, Min/Max : 3540m/4200m, Gain/Loss : +758m / -86m

What does the above each statistics figure mean?

Thanks
cheekn

Post by cheekn »

to the above question, if I need to merge the 13 tracks, how shall I do?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
For 1), you can either:
- export all your tracks independently;
- merge them them into one single track and export it;
- move/copy all your tracks into a landmark file and then export the file (in the landmarks explorer, click on the "+" button and choose "Landmark file" to create an empty file).
For the future, if you make an hike on few days, you can just pause the track recorder at the end of the day (just turn off the toggle, do not select "Save & stop"), and resume it the days after. At the end of the hike, when you export the track, you'll have your whole journey into one track, with all the days into sub-parts called "track segments". This is explained here: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/t ... the_record

For 2), please have a look at the online help here http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/l ... statistics and let me know if you have more questions.