The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Track Back breadcrumb trailing

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Gonguana

Track Back breadcrumb trailing

Post by Gonguana »

Hi Guys,
I want to use this app for 4wd and hunting.
I am trying to find an app that will let me drive forward and record real time a track behind me that at night i can use to find a path back to where i came from.

Can this app do that and if so how?
If it can do this i'll buy it.
Thank you for your help.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Track Back breadcrumb trailing

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your interest in our application.
Yes this application can record your path and display it in real time on the map. You can start the tracking in one click from the app 'GPS Position' menu (4th one). This feature is called 'Location Tracker', but only available in the full version.
Let me know if you have questions or need help.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Gonguana

Post by Gonguana »

Firstly, Thank you for an awesome application.
I purchased it last night and tried it this morning. "Exactly what i was looking for"

So some tech stuff for you. I am using this app on a To10 7" Cheap and nasty Android pad with not SIM. I have it connected to a USB GPS reciever that i am using an app to connect to the reciever called you are here gps. The USB GPS reciever is a GlobalSat G_STAR IV GPS Mouse Receiver (USB) Model BU-353S4.

This seems to work ok but sometimes in the trailing track the track goes off the map in a point like > and comes back. Its like it loses or gets a data error but does not do this in the turn by turn app i have on the same unit.

Saving tracks, After i have been out for the day mapping. Am i able to save the track and use it again another day?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi again and thanks for your support.

As long as the points off of the track are not so far, it's a common issue due to the GPS inaccuracy (GPS locations have only a +/-10m guaranteed accuracy, even if some devices report a better accuracy).
It's possible that your turn by turn app uses a location error detection to correct this behavior, since it's important to have a straight line for these app (to detect the correct road in cases that few are running along closely). This works fine when you are in a car, since you can consider that the user uses a smooth direction on the road, but it's not true when you are on foot, since you can go in every direction at all times. AlpineQuest directly record the raw data from the GPS, and only reduce elevation error (much important in hiking).

Concerning your other point, yes you can save your track after recording it. From the location tracker, select 'Save'. The track will be saved in a file on your device and you'll be able to display it when you want on the map. You can also save it in the GPX or KML format so you can use it on various PC applications, like Google Earth to display it in 3D.

Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !