The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Registration and Multiple SD cards

Something wrong? Report it here
Bern

[closed] Registration and Multiple SD cards

Post by Bern »

Hi

I sent an email regarding this, but I thought I would put the problem here as well.

I have a Samsung phone and Tab both with AlpineQuest installed and working. When an update is available I install it into both devices and sometimes have to have the registration reset as I get 'locked by other device'. However, I have a second SD card with European maps on it and I noted that had an older version on it, so I installed the current version. Problem:- both the European and British cards now require registering after putting the Britsh card back in.

I know that the registration takes up to 1 week away but I am going away soon and may be too late. I do not expect preferential treatment but I would expect that the devices (the phone and tab) would have the registration stored not the card.

Because of a cock up with Play Store I have to download the updates from AlpineQuest, I wonder if I pay again and get the updates from Play Store whether this problem will go away. Is it not possible to have multiple cards and not go through the registration process when I change them ?

Regards

Bern
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Registration and Multiple SD cards

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,

The registration process for purchases via PayPal requires that you wait at least 1 week before using the same registration key on another device. So after updating the application on your first device (the registration is checked only when you update the application), you should wait one week before updating it on your other device.

If you need to update the application at the same time on your 2 devices (even if there is no need for that, since when you update it on your first device, the other one will keep working fine), then you'll need 2 different registrations, one for each device.

You can also get the application via Google Play, in this case you won't have to handle anything of this: there is no registration process at all, and you can install the application on all devices using the same Google account.

Note that if you change the SD card and the application is installed on it, then yes you'll have to update the application again, and the registration may fail if the key has been used less that one week ago on another device. I do not recommend you to install the application on your SD card if you're used to change it.

I've unlocked your key now, so you can use it on one device. But as soon as you use it on one device, it will be locked on this device for one week.

Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Bern

Re: Registration and Multiple SD cards

Post by Bern »

Hi

Thanks for the full explanation, I have now moved AlpineQuest on to the two devices and left the maps on the SD cards. I now fully understand the protocol regarding registration, so I can, in future, be mindful of which device to update first.

As ever, thank you for your help and advice, I really appreciate it.

Bern
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: [closed] Registration and Multiple SD cards

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Thanks for your feedback!
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !