The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] removing search engine results

Something wrong? Report it here
eas

[closed] removing search engine results

Post by eas »

New user of AllinOne Offline Maps.

I entered a search for the term 'nairn'. OK, so now I have a number of waypoints all with the word nairn in the description, some on the other side of the world. However I cannot seem to be able to delete these waypoints.

I also have some waypoints I created myself which cannot be edited only deleted. New waypoints I created after changing defaults can be edited.

Could these problems be because I changed the default location to point to my external SD card? How do I remove the unwanted search results from the display?

Thanks
eas
Scottish Highlands, UK
--
AlpineQuest 1.4.22 and 1.4.22b
Samsung Galaxy S II : Android 4.1.2 --- Sony Tablet S : Android 4.0.3 --- Hudl2 : Android 5.1
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: removing search engine results

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and welcome.

You can remove items from the map by either:
- Click on its point on the map, a popup appears with its name. Click on the name to display all actions, and select 'Remove'.
or
- Click on the 'Landmarks' menu (the 3rd one), then 'Displayed landmarks' to see the list of everything displayed. Long press the one you want to remove (or click on its icon) and select 'Remove'.
In both cases, you can also select the action 'Remove all' to remove everything displayed on the map.

Note that if some items are saved on your device, they won't be deleted (just no more displayed). Choose 'Delete' to delete them completely.

Using the same way, you can also choose 'Edit details' to change the name, description, etc.
Some items, like search results, cannot be edited (they are not saved on the device), you can only remove them from the map.

Also, you can choose what storage location you want, it will work fine.

Hope it helps
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !