The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[fixed] Click on Icon and "Nothing"

Something wrong? Report it here
chinook9

[fixed] Click on Icon and "Nothing"

Post by chinook9 »

I installed the "Lite" version on my Droid X. I created a map on 1.7.2 and put it in the alpinquest/maps folder on the droid.

Went outside and made sure I had GPS on and check with Google Maps to see if it got my location. It did.

I clicked on the AlpineQuest Icon. All it does is flash a graphic on the screen and that all.

What could be the problem?

I did have trouble getting AlpineQuest Lite to download from the App Market, but the Droid says it is installed.
chinook9

Re: Click on Icon and "Nothing"

Post by chinook9 »

I checked and the map I put in the AlpineQuest/Maps folder is an AQM file.

Their is writing under the AlpineQuest graphic that flashes in the screen and I believe the first word is "loading..."
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Thanks for your report.
AlpineQuest should start even if there is no map (it prints a default world map and can display online maps).

It seems you are faced of a Droid specific issue :cry: . Some users emailed me about that.
I have absolutely no information about this problem and why it occurs only on Droid phones. I'll do my best to fix it, but since I can't reproduce the issue it is difficult.

May be you could provide me more information like your Android version, and try to start the app in landscape mode, with or without the keybord opened, etc.
It would be very usefull.

Regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
chinook9

Post by chinook9 »

I got the phone from Verizon about 3 days ago. I don't even know how to check the version of the operating system because this is my first "smartphone."

I tried to open AlpineQuest in landscape mode but I got the same result...that is, I held the phone in landscape but the screen did not go to landscape. The only way I know how to start an application is with the desktop icon.

I will continue to see if I can do anything more than I have been able to do so far. I'm retired so I have all day and I live in Colorado so I have a lot of incentive!

I will report back.

Thank you for your support.

Post by Guest »

For the second that I can see AlpineQwest starting to load it says "Loading controlers" under the AlpineQuest logo.

I remembered this morning that I had trouble downloading the app. I also uninstalled twice and reinstalled twice. The folders were not deleted during the uninstalls.

I looked for a log but could not find one.
chinook9

Post by chinook9 »

For the second that I can see AlpineQuest starting to load it says "Loading controlers" under the AlpineQuest logo.

I remembered this morning that I had trouble downloading the app. I also uninstalled twice and reinstalled twice. The folders were not deleted during the uninstalls.

I looked for a log but could not find one.

Post by Guest »

I am having the same problem. Downloaded free version form the marketplace (with no trouble at all) and installed. When i try to open the app i see the mountain logo very quickly (about a second) and then the app closes. I have a motorola droid x running android 2.1. Hope this can be resolved. App sounds sweet.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

I just moved this topic because this is a real bug.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,
Here is a beta version of AlpineQuest 1.0.8. I tried to remove the screen orientation, cause I think that this is related to this problem.
Does any owner of a Droid X could try this version? It would be great.
This version act like a free one, and is installed in addition on any other AlpineQuest version.
Thanks
chinook9

Post by chinook9 »

I have downloaded the beta version and will test it on my Droid X.

I'll let you know the results as soon as possible.

Edit: I installed it and it did load. I am not a knowledgeable user of AlpineQuest so I cannot do much of an evaluation but I will tell you what I can. The app installed and added another icon to my desktop. It only worked in portrait mode. It took a few minutes but it did lock on my position using online maps.

Its late here now but I will see if I can check it out a little more tomorrow.

Thank you for fixing this problem so quickly.

I will check back on this thread and see if there is anything specific you would like me to check.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

OK thanks a lot.
I'll try to enable the screen orientation feature in a way so that it also works with the Droid X.
chinook9

Post by chinook9 »

Just got up but wanted to let you know that the map does rotate into landscape mode. I'm not sure I have a North up orientation, but whatever direction the map is heading in portrait mode, it rotates to this heading in landscape mode.

I'll check back.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
I posted a final version of AlpineQuest (link in this page).
A very close version will be uploaded on the market this evening.
Regards
chinook9

Post by chinook9 »

Thank you! Already purchased it. Will be trying it out later today.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Droid X now (v. 1.0.8) supported.
Thanks a lot for your help.