The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[done] Navigation?

Any question about the app? Ask it here
idzerve

[done] Navigation?

Post by idzerve »

Hi,
can I load gpx or kml track and then use this app as navigator guiding me on the track? Like - issuing warning if I move more than x meters from the track or so?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Navigation?

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
No sorry.
You will be able to load and display GPX or KML tracks, but you cannot get warnings based on your distance from the followed track.
But this would be a nice feature, I'll add it in the wanted features list.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
tsweetna

Post by tsweetna »

Love your program but what's happened to this request? Alarms when straying too far from a followed track must be invaluable to many walkers and bikers.

This last summer I walked the Tour Mt Blanc and used Alipine Quest (paid version). It worked excellently on my HTC OneX. I put the phone into aircraft mode to turn off all the other power consuming elements and the battery lasted well with the GPS on all the time.

I loaded GPX files with the route I was going to follow. It all worked excellently showing the route I had to take, where I was and where I had been. The only issue is that when walking, the phone was usually in my pocket and I would have stop to take it out to confirm that I had taken a correct tack or branch in the path or was not straying to far from the desired route.

Wouldn't it be possible to set up variables:
Following alarm 1 when more than x meters from the followed track sound notification sound y
and Following alarm 2 when more than xx meters from followed track sound notification sound yy.
Notifcation sound to repeat every z seconds when further away than limit set.

These would operate in the same way that loss of GPS reception operates now.

Hope you can work on this feature. Regards Tony Sweetnam
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi and thanks for using AlpineQuest.

You're right that feature has been planned for a while and still not available.
I'll really try to find some time to include it in the next update.
Thanks for reminding me this,
Best regards
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
AlpineQuest version 1.4.9 is now able to warn you if you are going more far than x meters from a followed track.
This is an initial version so it may need few tweaks, but it does the job. Right now, you can only configure one distance. The second distance is fixed at 1.5 the first distance.

This feature is only available while using the Location Tracker, so it's working even if the app is closed.
Here is the online help: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/1.4/ ... h_warnings

Best regards