The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Tracker always waiting for fixes from network/gps

Something wrong? Report it here
Crustum

[closed] Tracker always waiting for fixes from network/gps

Post by Crustum »

Hi there,

I have tried using the location tracker several times, on hikes, bike rides, train journeys etc. but it is permanently waiting for fixes from either gps or networks and never marks the first location/segment let alone a complete track.

My geolocation is updating on the map, as are the co-ordinates above the Location Tracker panel.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Many thanks.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Tracker always waiting for fixes from network/gps

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
There is nothing special to do for recording tracks, except starting the tracker. When you start it, do you see the notification icon in the status bar? What message do you see? What icon color?
Have you tried with the last 1.2.12 version?
If you have set a low update rate, be sure to move enough.
Let me know if you still don't succeed,
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Crustum

Re: Tracker always waiting for fixes from network/gps

Post by Crustum »

I am currently running version 1.2.12.

I do see the notification icon in the status bar. It is a grey icon and the status either reads "Waiting fixes from 'network'" or "Waiting fixes from 'gps'".

Under the Location Tracker panel in the app itself, I have a red circle on the left and the below text. On the right the switch is on and underneath that I have a an icon of a page with the magnifying glass, but nothing happens when I click on that.

0 locations - 0 segments
0ft - 00:00 min
Tracking from 'network'

Still no luck actually creating a track. Going on a short hike tomorrow, so I will test again with GPS - but I imagine I will have the same results.

Thanks for your help.
AdrienBe

Re: [closed] Tracker always waiting for fixes from network/g

Post by AdrienBe »

Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: [closed] Tracker always waiting for fixes from network/g

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Be sure to use the 'GPS' location provider, and be placed outdoor to allow your phone to have access to satellites signals.
You can also check how many satellites you are currently catching (see here: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/1.4/geolocation). The GPS usually needs 5 or 6 satellites to compute a location (but sometimes it can be from 3 to 10...)
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !