The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[done] Displayed Landmarks Additional Options

Any question about the app? Ask it here
Yemble

[done] Displayed Landmarks Additional Options

Post by Yemble »

I use waypoint sets to group large numbers of associated waypoints on my maps, for example, pubs, walks, supermarkets would be split over three such sets, sourced from three different GPX files. It would be nice to be able to switch waypoint sets and individual waypoints on an off, temporarily, without resorting to the drastic set of removing them completely.

So I would like to suggest the following:

1) In the options for a waypoint set, have additional options "Hide All" and "Show All" - grey the icon out when it is hidden
2) In the option for a single waypoint, have additional options "Hide" and "Show" - grey the icon out when it is hidden

It is also far too easy to delete entire waypoint sets with "Remove" and "Remove All". I would like to see one, or both, of the following options in AQ:

1) A confirmation against both remove options asking whether you really want to do this !
2) A global option NOT to display the remove options at all (Safety Features)
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Displayed Landmarks Additional Options

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi again,
Yes that's good ideas.
Concerning the hide/show, what about a check box (or an opened/closed eye) on the right of each displayed landmarks in the "Displayed Landmarks" side view? It would made it very easy to hide or show each ones using these check boxes... (for sets, it would apply on all waypoints of the set).
I'll also see for the remove all confirmation.
Thanks!
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Yemble

Post by Yemble »

Great, I'm not that bothered how you implement it (you are the Boss AFAIK), I suggested greying the icon out as it seemed to fit in with the way other icons work in AQ :-)
Would you please add the conform to both "Remove All" and "Remove" options, as they are both capable of deleting large amounts of data.

Incidentally, I would like to take this opportunity to say that as a newcomer to Android based mapping, I have found AlpineQuest to be the best of all of the mapping apps that I have had a look at. In a past life I was a Fortran/Pascal/C++ technical programmer, with a somewhat perfectionist view on coding. I can see an attention to detail in AQ that is sadly lacking, to varying degrees, in each of other apps that I've used. In many respects, AQ even outshines the PDA version of Memory-Map that I have used for years.

You have got all of the basics covered and the core functionality seems rock solid to me. What you need now are a few bells and whistles to turn AQ from a great application into the essential mapping application for Android. You are pretty close to that already IMHO.

Anyway, I have a few ideas of my own for enhancements that you may wish to consider for AQ. I'll post these, as and when, in the requests thread.
Yemble

Post by Yemble »

Oh, and as a true Yorkshireman, I am not in the habit of dishing complements out willy-nilly... but AQ really does deserve praising. Incidentally, I think that you should charge more for the application... it is worth a lot more than £5.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Thanks a lot for your feedback!
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !